You've likely heard of time blocking but might be wondering what it is, why it's effective, and how to get started. This blog post is for you!
What is time blocking?
Time blocking is a popular time management strategy that entails grouping similar tasks into specific blocks of time.
Why is time blocking important?
Time blocking allows you to plan your day effectively and maximize productivity. It helps you stay organized and focused on the tasks that need to be completed. Furthermore, planning and prioritizing are known to reduce stress and anxiety. Overall, with the time-blocking method, you'll benefit from making the most of your day and minimizing wasted time!
How to Start Time Blocking
Ready to get started? Here's how to do time blocking!
- Jot down the tasks and activities you need to accomplish for the week ahead.
- Estimate how much time each task will take.
- Group similar tasks together and prioritize them.
- Schedule them in blocks of time on our Time Blocking Printable – a free worksheet that you can download today! Be sure to schedule the most important tasks and time-sensitive activities first. Plus, don't forget to allow buffer and flexibility in your schedule.
- Get started on your week and adjust your time blocks as needed!
Free Time Blocking Template
Our Time Blocking Schedule is a free printable download that enables you to block your time from 5am through 11 pm each day and visualize your plans on a weekly basis.
How to Incorporate Time Blocking in Your Daily Planner
It's easy! Once you plan out your week using our free printable, add your plans for each day to your daily planner. Our Flagship Daily Planner includes ample space for your daily schedule. Take a look!